Star Traks: BorgSpace - Cube #238 MiniSeries

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Queen of BorgSpace

Re: Star Traks: BorgSpace - Cube #238 MiniSeries

Post by Meneks »

Updates for all!

Debugging the System - Web version
Debugging the System - Text version

Cube #238 has been tasked to transport live critters from Point A to Point B. What can possibly go wrong?

And for those of you who noticed that I neglected to post here with BorgSpace #8, well, I am sorry. I was very busy at the time, and felt pretty good about just updating the webpage.

Rage Against the Machine - Web version
Rage Against the Machine - Text version

Circumstances have led to Weapons switching bodies with a Xenig graduate student. Stuck in a mech chassis in the Xenig Homesystem, it seems as if Weapons will never return to his Borg self...and, just perhaps, he doesn't want to. Then comes an alien mech, looking to cash in the marker on the Xenig species: apparently the Proginators welched on a bet a few galactic revolutions ago....
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Well, this certainly makes m dreary, rainy day that much brighter! Waking up to not one, but two BS stories? Is it Christmas already?!
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Update time!

This was actually nearly done in December, but then holidays arrived, along with obligatory family visits and such, so final editing did not occur until mid-January; and posting last weekend.

With no more ado, presenting:

Going on a (Gender) Bender - Web version
Going on a (Gender) Bender - Text version

It is a tale that somehow includes elements of Assimilation, her (his?) accidental gender transition, GalacNet gaming, and much alcohol. Make sense? Of course it does!
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

(Anonymous)
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

The posting for this story doesn't really belong here, given it isn't strictly Lugger-class Cube #238, but as it concerns one of the primary characters, I felt it was close enough. Welcome to the first of the (whenever I feel like it) occasional Assimilations, Take II mini-series. The first story is Prime Duty.

Click here for the web version, or here for the text version.

As always, the ending of an Assimilations story is known...and highly unlikely to be uplifting. However, it is the journey that is important. Janzki - the Flarn later to be known by her subdesignation "Prime" - is the Chief Engineer of the research vessel Newton. Soon she'll be back at University, just in time to defend her yo-yo championship title for the sixth straight year, but first she needs to make it through another tour of big-head researchers running their experiments. Of greatest interest is the fellow with the device called a Fractulator...and his Colored backers.
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Wow...it is May already! How the time goes when you are working in the garden and trying to get the inside of the house painted...and still finding time to write, and edit, and edit some more. The Cube #238 miniseries is progressing nicely, and as it starts to close into the end, I present a story with the longest title yet - "Is That A Parrot On Your Shoulder, Or Are You Just Wobbly Like That?".

Is That A Parrot On Your Shoulder... - Web version
Is That A Parrot On Your Shoulder... - Text version

Cube #238 has been waylaid by raiders which bear an uncanny resemblance to squirrels...if you squint and have an expansive imagination. With the majority of drones literally glued into their alcoves, and several key members of the leadership off-lined, it is up to a small contingent of mobile tactical units to set things right. Unfortunately, the temporary head of the weapons hierarchy has a small phobia involving furry critters that beg for peanuts.
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Greetings !

'Is That A Parrot On Your Shoulder' was a pleasant / enjoyable experience - I'll attempt to read other story[ies] when time is available

GTG
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Oh, gads...has it been that long since I last posted? And I seem to have completely forgotten to put story #12 on the forum with its link. So very, very sorry. Time to remedy it all right now.

Medical Malpractice - Web version
Medical Malpractice - Text version

The Collective has made Doctor the permanent head of drone maintenance upon Lugger-class Cube #238. From Doctor's point of view, such was inevitable. Unfortunately, the declaration comes with a slight hitch. If Doctor is to remain the head of his hierarchy (and, coincidentally, in a single functional piece), he must first undo a medical procedure upon a recently recaptured rogue drone which he accomplished prior to his assimilation, a decade prior.

And because "Medical Malpractice was a wee bit on the dark side, I followed up with a light romp around the gladiatorial arena. Joompas make the best pets!
Bloodsport - Web version
Bloodsport - Text version

The richest of the rich of a newly encountered race is taking in the galactic scene; and, with the help of their Green cruise directors, the decision was made for gladiatorial combat to be the decadent delight of the season. However, growing bored of contests featuring dangerous (and rare) creatures or death-matches between highly skilled champions, the request is for a new opponent to enter the arena...a Borg opponent. Because the customer is (usually) always right, Green has gone shopping for their client, returning with Cube #238 for the gladiatorial pits. Game on!
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

I'm baaaack! Well, I've never actually been away, just busy. It happens. BorgSpace also happens, as it has happened today when the latest story was finally posted! Horray for me! The second-to-the-last Cube #238 mini-series story is posted, and only one more to go!

Something Shiny This Way Comes - Web version
Something Shiny This Way Comes - Text version

Sensors' universe is sparkly-shiny one, full of rocks and the soon-upcoming Rock-tastic contest. Unfortunately, Sensors' entry is stolen and all looks not-sparkly. Then an unexpected spatial anomaly piques the interest of the Collective; and a certain Lugger-class is diverted to investigate. What is discovered is found to be very sparkly indeed. Incandescently so.
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Hey all -

Please note that the final story of the Cube #238 MiniSeries will be delayed for a bit. While it is a good chunk complete, the computer I was writing it on decided to, well, implode. I know what is wrong with it, but I'll need to take it in to get fixed. (For the curious, the helpful beeps of doom upon startup indicate the diagnostic to be "No RAM banks passed memory testing.") Hopefully it is merely a matter of the SDRAM frying itself, and it'll be a simple measure of replacing the memory, else reseating/replacing processor module or logic board. Which I could do, easily, if it was a desktop. However, I'm not comfortable fumbling around inside the wee compartments which is a laptop.

AND, if it is worst case scenario, I can reconstruct from the outline I had hand-written. Gah, I hope I do not have to do that. If the thing is fried - I was thinking about a new laptop, just not this moment! - I'll see if the harddrive can be salvaged.

What an evening!
Currently working on -

(Anonymous)
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.
That said, score one for desktop users! So much easier to diagnose and repair problems at the sacrifice of mobility.
Still, hopefully you get things fixed with minimal trouble and cost.