Halfway to Haven Posting & Discussion

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Captain Silverado

Re: Halfway to Haven Posting & Discussion

Post by b-guy »

New Halfway to Haven!

Kicking off the Halfway to Haven Season 1 finale, it's 1.16: You Will Be Infested - Part One!

The Roadrunner has stumbled into the middle of an interstallar war, and both sides are bad news. Familiar bad news. Familiar, deadly bad news. Why has Mytim brought them to this place, and what secrets are just waiting to be uncovered? Read on to find out...

www.khobrah.net/silver/h2h

And I double-checked that the page points to the right story this time...

Brendan
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Halfway to Haven!

H2H 1.17 - You Will Be Infested - Part 2

That day (may have) come. The Borg are (possibly) on Matria Prime's doorstep, Haven (might) be the only thing standing between the Matrian people and the Roadrunner (could perhaps) have information that (probably) would be of great help. But did anybody think about what the Federation of Fungus had to say about all this? Probably not. And who could blame you? Not me. So...carry on...

www.khobrah.net/silver/h2h/

Enjoy!

Brendan
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Halfway to Haven Season 1 Finale!

1.18 - You Will Be Infested Part 3

As the Fungaloids and the Borg fight for control, Laarthi and Boxer and joined in their mission by an unexpected guest. Back abord Haven, Simplot and Abela suddenly find themselves dealing with expected guests of their own. Doesn't it suck when company doesn't have the decency to call first?

Now on the Halfway to Haven page.

www.khobrah.net/silver/h2h

Brendan
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

Congratulations on finishing Season one, Brendan.

Am currently transferring it to my E reader for visual digestion. Will report back later.

D
Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

Sorry for the delay, Brendan, Something called real life got in the way, then I got distracted By Flight Simulator 2004 and my free time vanished into a quantum singularity. On the bright side, I can now land a Boeing 737 4 times out of 10. Available for Helm duties any time you're ready.

Re season 1, I have to confess it took me several stories before I really started to get comfortable with this set of characters. On one hand, I enjoyed the development of the former Stallion crewmembers, and love the thought of a really lazy, sex amd self obsessed Security chief. Really wish Shurgoe would grow a pair, work out a technobabble way into the shipyards and start a building project of his own. Modified Danube crossed with the Delta Flyer and souped up processor for Quantum Slipstream drive?

Please understand this is a personal view, but I'm finding the Roadrunners crew a bit irritating. Although I'm enjoying Mytim's development and wonder how far you're going to go with it, the rest of that motlety creu arn't really gelling with me. On the other hand, It'll be interesting to see the sparks between Virgii and Simplot, and whether Abela acually kills him within the first story.

The arc, however, for Roadrunner was excellent, and I'm looking forward to how you're going to engineer even hugherer pitched battles and explosions into it. So exactly where is the line between Science and Magic going to blur? Or are you trying to disprove Clarke's law?

But thanks for another sparkling sequence of stories.
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Donald wrote:...On the bright side, I can now land a Boeing 737 4 times out of 10. Available for Helm duties any time you're ready...The arc, however, for Roadrunner was excellent...But thanks for another sparkling sequence of stories.
Hope all is well for all forum members!!!
Things have been hectic and then some here as well. * More later
How Brenden runs his shows is his affair - please note there have been situations where an organization needed people who did not fit the mold per se
http://homeofheroes.com/wings/part2/07_ ... noski.html,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_666_(B-17)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Zeamer

from a naval point of view
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Glowworm_(H92)
http://www.historum.com/general-history ... ory-2.html alleged photos

GTG
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

How Brenden runs his shows is his affair - please note there have been situations where an organization needed people who did not fit the mold per se
Absolutely, Totally and completly agree. These were simply my impressions. And your link to HMS Gloworm is taken. The decision to throw a 4.7 inch gun armed destroyer against a Hipper class Heavy Cruiser to damage it is not something that any C/o would take lightly. In fact the Jervis Bay incident is even more appropriate, as the C/o of the AMC was a Passed over Reserve Officer who had "Fallen off the Captain Tree" and been retired. Still gave his convoy time to escape.
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

...In fact the Jervis Bay incident is even more appropriate, as the C/o of the AMC was a Passed over Reserve Officer who had "Fallen off the Captain Tree" and been retired. Still gave his convoy time to escape.
http://hmsjervisbay.com/Story.AMC.php

;) Everyone knows politics never figure in promotion evaluation panels.
;) Evaluation panels always evaluate applicants equally without any bias against multiple criteria.
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Hey Donald,

Thanks for the feedback! I definately agree that it took some time to get the Haven characters started on this one...and even longer for the Roadrunner crew. I think I was spoiled by the Silverado crew; at that point in my life I knew a lot of people that inspired some great characters. Splitting the two groups up from the start, while it made sense plot-wise, didn't help my character development at all. That said, I'm pleased with the interplay between Laarthi and Boxer. The rest needs some work.

Not sure when I'll get back to writing H2H. If you've been following Facebook, you'll know I'm working on another project at the moment...plus finishing school and starting my 'dream job' is taking its toll on my hobby-time. But eventually! For now, it's Alan & Anthony's turn to pump out some stories!
Working on:

Website Upgrades