Halfway to Haven Posting & Discussion

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
El yerno no favorito

Re: Halfway to Haven Posting & Discussion

Post by Star Traks »

Glad to help out!

Interesting aspects in Wyer character - at times his character/past lives mirror elements from UXB, new Battle Star Galatica [after finding a Cylon sensor/bug located in the bridge; Galatica XO made a comment to effect 'Dammit, everybody failed in not finding the bug/sensor earlier, including myself' after the engineer chief was kicking himself for not noticing the Cylon device earlier], and Enemy at the Gate.
There is a 'golden BB' consequence of disarming devices. Being 99% correct is admirable, however, there are inherent limitations
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Halfway to Haven

1.11 - There Goes the Neighborhood

What happened after the Roadrunner was tossed back into unknown space? Surely everybody nodded and understood that a return to the middle of nowhere was in everybody's best interests. Uh-huh. And if you believe that, there's this bridge we'd like to sell you. On top of everything else, an old sort-of-ally returns with a definately dark warning...

www.khobrah.net/silver/h2h

Enjoy...
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

1.12 - Shopping Trip

Shopping is never a peaceful experience. You're either on your own, being hounded by 'helpful' salesmen or you're with your mother being dragged to 'just one more store'. So when Simplot drags Abela and Shurgroe down to check out the new M'Lady's store on Matria Prime, it should come as no surprise that something...fishy...is happening.

Enjoy!
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

New Halfway to Haven

1.13 - Under the Weather

With a little arm-twisting, new First Officer Cindy Mytim manages to talk Virgii into swinging by a tropical paradise for a little R&R. But when crewmembers start vanishing, it's up to Mytim to figure out what's going on, and how it ties in to her mysterious powers. Or maybe it's up to Boxer. Or Laarthi & Cherri. Honestly, a lot of people want to figure out what the heck is going on...

Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

1.14 - Touching Base

It's role-swapping week! Colonel Abela takes command of the USS Hummingbird for her first mission outside of Matrian Space. Of course, as soon as she leaves town somebody on Matria Prime needs her help with something, so it's Captain Simplot to the rescue. Sort of. OK, yeah, somebody on the planet wants Abela dead, and they end up chasing Simplot instead. Fun!

Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

1.15 - RR Phone Home

After months of wandering through the galactic core, the Roadrunner has finally gotten its act together and is ready to try contacting Starfleet Command. But Starfleet isn't the only one listing to what they have to send...and for that matter, they're not even listening that closely anyway.

Now on the Haven Season 1 Page1
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

I'm pretty behind on comments, and tonight isn't the night to get caught up. Still, a couple things to say about 1.15 and Halfway to Haven in general.

First off, Roadrunner Phone Home was originally the first half of the H2H Season 1 finale. The first half was supposed to revolve around the Roadrunner, while the second half was to involve the Haven crew. That's still the plan...except now each half is two stories long. So H2H is officially having an 18 story first run instead of 16.

Second, this story in particular was fun to write. I've had something of a plan in store for Mytim for quite a while, but it's taken several stories to outline what she can and can't do, along with more of the background and such. This story finally let me really let her out of the box, so to speak, and to build up to a conclusion to the season.

That, and I've never used the Borg in a story before, so it's about time. ;)
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

The link on the story page goes to 1.14 instead of 1.15. Just a heads-up...
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Fixed. Sorry about that!
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

No bigs, I don't know if anyone else did this, but I just replaced the 14 in the address bar with 15 and got to the right story just fine; of course, that was after I'd saved the wrong one and loaded it to my e-reader. Wish I'd noticed it before that point, but that was my fault for not paying closer attention during the saving part.