Traks on Facebook

Making a movie? Creating a picture? Composing an opera? Talk about it in here.
Captain Silverado

Traks on Facebook

Post by b-guy »

Hello all,

I've spoken to Alan about setting up a Facebook page for Star Traks. Before I do so, I wanted to get some input from everybody in terms of what to call it, since the page name can't be changed after the page is created.

I was just going to stay simple and stick with 'The Star Traks Nexus'

Thoughts?
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Re: Traks on Facebook

Post by borgcrazy »

Anti-Facebookian here, but that works; it's simple, recognizable and unique all at the same time.
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Simple works for me.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

I'm easy.... (That didn't come out quite right did it?)

Keep it simple is always the best way.... How about just "The Star Traks facebook Nexus" though, as the nexus is already here, there so to speak? 8-)
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

It's another node to the overall Nexus so it works.
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

OK folks, the new facebook page is up. There isn't a whole lot on it as of yet, so feel free to post whatever you like. I tried getting the YouTube link to Anthony's Season 8.5 trailer, but facebook was being iffy. I'll keep trying. I do plan on re-posting Star Traks: Machinima here, but I don't have the video files with me right now.

If you have suggestions or ideas for changes or content, go ahead and 'Like' the page. That should allow you to post on the wall, start discussion, or so forth. Anything else, contract myself, Alan, Anthony, Brad or Maija.

Oh yeah, I opted to make the authors of the 'main' Traks series admins. I don't mean to diss any of the authors of the Associated Traks sites...I just had to draw a line somewhere...

With respect to links. It seems the best way to add a link to the 'Links' tab is to post it on the Wall. Rather than posting everything all at once, I've posted the link to the main Star Traks page for now. After a week or so, after we (hopefully) get some fans, I will start posting links to the various Traks series, the Forum, the WIki, and so on.

Enjoy!

*Edit* - OK, I couldn't find Maija on Facebook. But the rest are admins...
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Thanks, Brendan. I'll take a look when I get home from work this evening.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Well, the Traks facebook page is slowly growing. We're up to about 27 'likes' at this point. I dunno if that's good or not, but it's 12 more than the last time I checked.

Anyway, now that we've exceeded 25 fans, we can now claim thehttp://www.facebook.com/startraks url as our own. Also, if you have a web page and would like to create a link to our facebook page, you can get a handy icon at http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=915# ... 4_2009.eps
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Traks Fan

Post by JHauck »

Why not try out a page of your own @ my social networking sites?

http://www.trekspace.org/profile/JasonHauck

http://scifivisions.ning.com/profile/JasonHauck
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Thanks, B-guy. I'll get the icon up on the Nexus. Does that other bit mean that you have claimed that URL for us or just that you can?