Random Traks "Art"

Making a movie? Creating a picture? Composing an opera? Talk about it in here.
Captain Silverado

Random Traks "Art"

Post by b-guy »

Hey folks,

So if you've been watching the Facebook page, you may have noticed a few...odd...posts by yours truly. Long story short, I've starting playing around with a new piece of animation software called 'iClone'. I'll make another thread with all the techno-details for those who are interested, but long story short is that it allows for character animation with a fraction of the work required in more high-end programs like 3ds Max or Maya, and a miniscule, itsy-bitsy, tiny fraction of the work required in the mis-matched jumble of jury-rigged programs I used for Star Traks: Machinima.

Here are some of my early results...just stills, but animating them isn't hard...
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Re: Random Traks "Art"

Post by b-guy »

Meet the Twins

Yeah, Stafford was the first guy I modeled. After all, he's sort of based on me...and my face was readily available for cloning. So I cloned me, then I started doing a 'me' in a Starfleet uniform. Which, I might add, was built entirely from scratch. Luckily, it was built in such a way that changing the shirt colour and rank for different characters will be very easy.

The background was built in about ten minutes. The cabin was downloaded from Google Sketch Warehouse, and imported in about a minute. It did take me four tries to get my head right, but that was mostly a matter of trying to understand just how all the little photo-to-model clicky points did in the program.

http://www.khobrah.net/silver/comics/twins2.jpg
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Welcome to Haven

One concern I had was how difficult it would be to import existing items from 3ds Max, or to build things in Max and import them. There are limitations, largely in the kinds of textures that can be used. So I basically had to go through the Haven Command Center and change anything that wasn't a normal texture. Which, considering how many advanced lighting things I was playing with at the time, turned out to be a lot. It doesn't look as good in iClone as it did in Max, but converting it was a million times quicker than trying to re-build.

http://www.khobrah.net/silver/comics/havenTest.jpg
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Star Traks: Worlds Collide

Two things happened here. One, I experimented with the facial animation in iClone. Which turned out to be pretty specific and easy to use. Two, I realized that I'd been working too long on this stuff and was beginning to lose my mind. I had this bizarre thought of 'What if Stafford and I were roommates'? Obviously, that would in no way make any logical sense whatsoever, but meh. It didn't hurt to try.

Hopefully somebody here or on the Facebook page will suggest a decent ending...

http://www.khobrah.net/silver/comics/COMIC1.jpg
Working on:

Website Upgrades