Quantum Slipstream Drive

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.

Could Traks include the slipstream drive?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

Captain Silverado

Re: Quantum Slipstream Drive

Post by b-guy »

On a somewhat related note, I see on the trekweb site that their new Excelsior-class ships now come equipped with transwarp drive.

It's official. Star Trek: Online is pandering, ignoring story in favour of flashy gadgets and super-ships.

Personal interest down to 1.2%

Apathy shields are down.

In other words, the plotline of Star Trek: Online has officially become irrelevant to this writing drone.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

I'm not surprised. The majority of online Trekkies, from what I've seen, are obsessed with super-ships and faultless officers so it's only natural that they would demand the same things be put into the first (and currently only) Star Trek MMO. I've played other MMO's long enough to know that the most vocal of community groups is the "I want it my way and I want it NOW!" group. And, more often than not, the game company caters to their demands to shut them up.
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Well that totally lost me... ha ha ha! 8-)
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Well, on this topic I sat down for an hour and banged out this early concept ship. This is actually version two; version one had the ring sitting on top of the rear section with a big engine-thingy in the middle, but Alan and I went back and forth a little and decided this looked better.

Yes, those are the Wayward's nacelles...just stretched out. This was originally going to be a modified Wayward-class ship, but I learned some new tricks with modeling hull geometry, and this is the result. I figure this little guy would be about 4 decks or so, and would be designed to scout out safe paths through slipstreams.

I've nicknamed this the Hummingbird-class.

Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades