Silverado Posting & Discussion

This is the place to discuss the various Star Traks series and stories.
Captain Silverado

Re: Silverado Posting & Discussion

Post by b-guy »

I know I'm late with the last story in this run...I was out of town for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and in class all day today. I should be able to upload it tonight.

Brendan
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Annnd...guess who left his laptop with the story on it at school? Maybe tomorrow...
Working on:

Website Upgrades

Post by Ruler J »

Surely there are laws against teasing us so?
Previously writing: Incongruous Voyages Season 2 (since 2007)
Currently writing: Incongruous Voyages Season 2
Futurely writing: to the dictionary, to include the word "futurely"
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Just for you, I took time out of a morning spare to do the update. ;)

Silverado Update

5.16 - TGIF

When is a finale not a finale? Well, probably when all the action, all the excitement and all the answers to season-long questions were answered in the second last story. Like 'Unending', for the SG-1 fans. But I digress. With the heat of battle behind them, the Silverado crew find themselves asking 'what next?'. The ship is crippled, the bad-guys have been dealt with, and new career oppurtunities are turning up. But why is Noonan suddenly so uncomfortable around his former collegues, and why is there there suddenly the sense that, once again, somebody is playing games with our quasi-intrepid crew?

http://www.khobrah.net/silver

And that's it for Season 5! Hope you enjoyed it. Whether you did or not, comments, please!
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

TGIF Comments

Shortly afte I decided that the conclusion of the Matrian arc would take the form of Season 5, I set aside the last story for tying up the last of the loose ends. After the complete disaster I'd left for myself to clean up after Season 4, I knew that I wanted to wrap up Season 5 in such a way that I could set Silverado aside for a year or two without leaving anybody hanging. I'd wanted something similar at the end of Season 3, and in fact Alan had remarked that S3 had ended in such a way that I could have conceivably ended the series there. (Maybe that was a hint?) In any event, I didn't agree and went barralling into S4. That said, the end of S5 is probably the first time where I feel that I've left the Silverado characters in a condition where the series could truly end.

I'd really wanted to address a couple of questions in the end of the season. On a more personal level, the question of Yanick & T'Parief's incomming child along with just what exactly Noonan's gotten himself into by helping his old collegues. I really liked the chance to bring him back at the very end, as he came to represent (for me anyway) a parent figure to the crew; their voice of reason and wisdom. I think that role is part of what made it so hard for him to manipulate his crewmates for Section 31s purposes. As for Yanick & T'Parief, a child isn't something to be dealt with in one story. What I did want to show was that they were making the committment to raise this child together, despite the rocky road their about to walk down. If I go into Season 6, I think we'll be seeing a lot of Yanick/T'Parief stuff.

Wowryk was less of a personal issue than I though. Yes, she was put in a fairly major decision situation, but given what's happened with her in the past few stories, I doubt many of you were surprised when she declined the offer to command Haven.

On a more general level, the big question was 'What do we do now?" I briefly toyed with the idea of having them assigned a new ship, but given the neglect they've suffered from Starfleet all these years, that didn't seem likely. I also had an ending in mind where Sylvia did finally go to the Daystom Institute (finally...this is the second time they've tried to get her), but that woudl have been another loose end to tie up later. On the bright side, that would have given me a brand-new ship to play with in Season 6.

As for what actually did happen at the end, I think having the Matrians offer to rebuild Silverado fits well with the relationship that had been built between the two groups. Back in Season 4 there was more of a focus on cultural exchange and tied, and that was sort of dropped as the Qu'Eh crisis escalated. Having Noonan play the part of puppetmaster was meant to show that while he was giving guidance, it was ultimately Queen Anselia and Stafford who were given the actual choices as to whether or not to go ahead and implement Noonan's 'suggestion'...and this idea of choices and making decisions has very much become a recurring theme in Season 5.

Finally, you'll notice that the story/season ended before Stafford got the answer to his question of 'shall we fix our ship and carry on'. This was done partly to leave some questions open, but also because I felt that it would be wrong to have everybody jump in with 'yes'. This isn't an Enterprise crew, where everybody loves each other and wants to spend the rest of their careers together, this is an imperfect, flawed Traks crew. While they've grown to respect (or at least gotten used to) each other, I think some of them would be just as happy to get posted to a more normal ship. So instead we have this implication that they crew carried on, but I can do some crew tweaking if Season 6 happens.

For the moment though, it's on to other projects. Not least of which is praying I can graduate successfully in about 200 days...
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Seasons 1 and 2 are now available as ebooks on their respective pages. I'll convert and post the remaining three seasons over the next month or two, so at least there are some updates to the Nexus while new stories are being written.

BTW, the 'Intermission' book was added to the season 2 ebook, as it seemed to fit better there.
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Season 3 is now available in ebook format on the Silverado Season 3 webpage.

www.khobrah.net/silver
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Star Traks: Silverado - Season 4 is now available as an eBook.

That's right, one single book including Jall's jump into being First Office, the Hazardous Team's deserpate quest for Vonna's padd, a quest for alchohol on Waystation and the invasion of Matria Prime by the Qu'Eh.

OK, enough plugging.

www.khobrah.net/silver/season4/season4.html
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Hello, strangers!

I had a random thought about a month ago on my way to work, which has led to the Star Traks: Silverado Halloween 2013 Special!

The ship is derelict, the crew has a job to do, and something has risen from the depths of darkness to make everybody's lives more difficult. It's Halloween time!

www.khobrah.net/silver

On the 'Specials' page.

Brendan
Working on:

Website Upgrades
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

This was a lot of fun, and it was great to see the Silverado crew in action again.

Now I will resist the urge to bug you about putting the ship back together and sending them out for another season. :D
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"