TV Show Chatter Thread

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Head Traks Guy

Re: TV Show Chatter Thread

Post by cmdrajd »

Now that's a great summation. :lol:

Um...since I missed the pilot, just what were the people who ended up on the ship escaping?
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Y'know, americans can watch the thing on Hulu, or whatever that is... ;)

OK, Major Spoilers...(Not to be confused with Captain Teasers or Lieutenant Hints)

Stargates have 9 'chevrons' We already know what 8 do, and this research team is trying to figure out the 9th, which for some reason will only work at this special base they've constructed. They're stumped, but during an attack they figure it out. Unfortunately, that means that when they evacuate, they have no idea where the hell they're going and end up on this Ancient ship that was launched to explore distant galaxies launched hundreds of thousands of years ago...and is now falling apart.

So basically, you've got a few military people from the base, a few research scientists from the project, and a few civilians who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. All of whom where supposed to evacuate to Earth, but because somebody's a giant prick, they got to go exploring instead.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades

Post by Trekkette »

cmdrajd wrote:Now that's a great summation. :lol:

Um...since I missed the pilot, just what were the people who ended up on the ship escaping?
The Lucien Alliance. As the planet they're on explodes. It's pretty cool.

The 9th chevron only works on this planet because the gate's tied directly into the core. You know how much energy it took to get to the Atlantis galaxy? It's that, about a dozen times over.
We are #66CC33.|2351574||C3 15 |=|_|71|_3.
Your technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.
All your base are belongs to us.

Just finished reading all regular season BorgSpace. Need to clean up these used tissues from the finale.
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Ahh. Thanks.

Has this Lucien Alliance been introduced before? My Stargate villain knowledge is limited to the Gua'old (or however they spelled it), the Replicators, and the Wraith.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Trekkette wrote:
cmdrajd wrote:Now that's a great summation. :lol:

The Lucien Alliance. As the planet they're on explodes. It's pretty cool.

The 9th chevron only works on this planet because the gate's tied directly into the core. You know how much energy it took to get to the Atlantis galaxy? It's that, about a dozen times over.
Minor error. The Lucien Allience, who were introduced in SG-1, were attacking the base. They did NOT go through the stargate, and will not likely be involved further. They're just a plot device to provide an enemy to flee from.
Working on:

Website Upgrades

Post by Trekkette »

cmdrajd wrote:Ahh. Thanks.

Has this Lucien Alliance been introduced before? My Stargate villain knowledge is limited to the Gua'old (or however they spelled it), the Replicators, and the Wraith.
They popped up a bit when we were meeting Vala, but that's about it. They're basically the space Mob.
We are #66CC33.|2351574||C3 15 |=|_|71|_3.
Your technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.
All your base are belongs to us.

Just finished reading all regular season BorgSpace. Need to clean up these used tissues from the finale.
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Now that's a phrase that needs to be said by a good announcer with some serious echo on his mike...

"The SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE MOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!" :D
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Anyone wanna fill in the mad guy here on wtf is going on? I just caught the hind end of what I think was the second ep? (?) and as usual, MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!! The one I caught ended with a big explosion? (Oh wait... that may have been a McGyver episode....!) :D
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

I don't recall much in the way of explosions, but I do know that there was a lot more humor in the second episode, thanks in no small part to Eli. I'm still going to reserve final judgement for a few more weeks, but SG:U is shaping up to be very interesting.
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

I've recently started working my way through Red Dwarf. I'm around the end of season 2. It's interesting and amusing. But still...

WTF???
Working on:

Website Upgrades