TV Show Chatter Thread

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Makin' Traks

Re: TV Show Chatter Thread

Post by borgcrazy »

Just caught the Season 4 finale of Heroes on Hulu last night, and I can't freaking wait for September now! How the hell could Claire do that?! Will Sylar stay the course, or will he relapse?! How many more times can I use a question and exclamation mark together in this post?!
I hope Samuel returns, though. He was a very good villain.
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Archer

Don't let the kids watch this one.

Archer is an animated series that basically spoofs the hell out of James Bond. The animation style makes it look like a 60's era comic book. The main character is Sterling Archer, who works for a secret agency called ISUS. The agency is run by his mother, Mallory, who's basically M with mood swings and a rampant sex drive. (She's also secretly dating the head of the KGB.) His female co-agent, Lana Kane, is his ex girlfriend and basically wants him dead. The cast is rounded out with a number of support staff characters like fatty Pam from HR, Carol the secretary, Seryl the accountant and this creepy guy who works with the technology stuff.

Anyway, everybody in the office hates each other, there's a lot of bitcing and fighting and some very, very funny dialogue.

Example:

Oh my God Seryl, you killed a hooker!

No Sterling, she was a call-girl!

No Seryl, when they're dead, they're ALL hookers!

Anyway, it's highly entertaining.
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Dr. Who (Matt Smith First Episode)

No spoilers - 'cos I know the boss won;t like them

Watch this. Smith may be one of the youngest actors, but his take on the character is "unique" and fun - but the real reason to watch? AMY POND!!!! The new assistant in a skirt so short it's barely legal and a blaze of red hair which had me drooling from her first "adult" appearance right to the end of the episode. Oh yeah, the story wasn't bad too.....! (At least there were no gravel pits in sight)

I'm a bit confused and excited over the newest trailers I've seen though, Spitfires? Attacking Dalek ships? In Outer space???? And a Dalek IN CAMOFLAGE????? Can't wait to see the explanations for those ....!
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

Dr Who "The Eleventh Hour" 5.01

The start of the new series. This is one of the strongest starts to a season of Dr Who I've seen. It has elements of fairytale, is dark in places and fairly flies along.

Engages sexist mode: AMY POND!!!! Long Red hair, flashing green eyes, handcuffs and teensie weenie skirt! Disengages Sexist mode

Sorry about the above, I'm nearly human

If You get the chance, watch this programme.
Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

I'll freely admit that I was skeptical about Matt Smith. I've made my feelings about Tennant's performance known on here, and Smith just looked way too young. Ten minutes into "The Eleventh Hour," though, I was on board with the new Doctor. He's got a lot of the energy and quirkiness that I liked about Tennant, but he puts his own spin on it. And that last speech he gives the Atraxix (or whoever they were) was wonderful.

I'll also echo the sentiments from Mad and Donald about Amy Pond. OH...MY. She is something, and not just nice to look at. I like her character so far, and I have high hopes that, with Moffat in charge, the show will explore her childhood obsession with the Doctor a bit more. That last panning shot across her room was almost creepy.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Wait... There was MORE to her than just that uniform??? I really got to pay more attention to things and stop drooling in the corner like a hopeless idjit..! :lol:
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Traks Fan

Post by Donald »

Doctor Who, 5:03 Victory of the Daleks

Reporting from safely behind the sofa, THE DALEKS ARE BACK! and the're back to their evil scheming best

The writing on this series, to my mind, is an improvement of the previous four seasons. And that was not easy to do. So saying, plot wise, I thought this was weaker than the preceding two episodes. The plot logic did not always hold up so well, and this might actually have been better as a two parter.

No Spoilers, except, I want one of those Spitfires! (although the four bladed propellor indicates it's probably a Mark V, and they weren't introduced till 1941, not the Battle of Britain which had a Mk1, 3 bladed prop, and I'll shut up and stop being sad now) :)
Power is Nothing without control. That's why I'm not allowed either!
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Okay, I am now going to try to get back into Doctor Who. My attention, for whatever reason, lagged multiple year back. But, now with the new Doctor, I am ready to jump back in!
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

It's a good jumping on point, but you might want to at least watch the regeneration segment from the previous Doctor to this one (it's readily available on YouTube) just because this first episode picks up immediately after that and could be a tiny bit confusing if you didn't know how he got into that situation. It's not a continuing storyline or anything. Just an event.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Bwahahaha! My inner nerd is so looking forward to next week's Mythbusters! A few years ago, Adam and Jamie made cameos on CSI: Vegas in an episode where a suspect was accidentally torched by an officer's Taser (that was also the episode with the green-blooded dead people and the awesome Trek reference when the super-hot Wendy totally schooled Hodges on her knowledge of Vulcan physiology and Spock's career...but that's waaay off track).
So yea, where was I? Right, Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters on CSI. Next week, Mythbusters is testing whether or not the Taser immolation from that same CSI episode could really happen. You KNOW they have to reference that CSI, and most likely show the clip that featured Adam and Jamie. That would just be too perfectly circular.