Have we all seen this?????

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Have we all seen this?????

Post by Mad Lensman »

http://www.startrektheauction.com

WOW!!!! If any of you bid on the Scotty tartan I'll behead you all - Mine!!!! Ha Ha Ha :D
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Makin' Traks

Re: Have we all seen this?????

Post by borgcrazy »

You can have the tartan - I want that Borg chestplate! That'd be perfect for the Borg halloween costume I've been wanting to build for the last few years!
Speaking of Borg parts, this entry made me laugh:
"Hero Borg Neural Transmitter from Star Trek: First Contact
... Constructed of clear molded plastic with metal elements of threaded rod, small gear wheels and brass details. ..."
Yea, clear molded plastic that "just happens" to look like a cigarette lighter - because that's exactly what it is! I read in "Star Trek - The Magazine" that for the transmitters, the prop guys used a cheap novelty LED lighter they found in Las Vegas for the core of the transmitter and just added some Borg-ish touches to it. In fact, the light battery had such a short life that they had to buy a whole case of the lighters and touch them all up, since the batteries were non-replaceable. That way, they could keep shooting and just swap out the props as their batteries ran out.
I wonder if the original manufacturer of the lighters knew one of them would end up going for over a grand on an online auction when they made them? I bet there's a LOT of other props, especially some of the alien tech, that has similar stories behind them...
But seriously, there's some cool stuff in there. Some of it, like that Balok head, is not in such great condition, and they probably shouldn't ask so much for it, but most of the more recent stuff is nice. Arg, if only I had a few extra hundred dollars sitting around that I didn't know what to do with!
Queen of BorgSpace

Post by Meneks »

Well, I want the Vulcan ear molds. And Geordi's visor. Oh! And the Borg bones! And Borg Neural Transmitter with Real Fake Blood Stains <tm>! And the god-awful Horga’hn fertility statue thing! Awesome!

And I had to laugh at the Final Frontier binocular. They remind me of those "story binocular" things I had when I was a kid.

I also love how some of the titles have "working" in them, such as "Working Klingon PADD" and "Working Alien Weapon". If only they really /did/ work. I can imagine it now - UltraTrekGeek bids and wins his own "Working Alien Weapon"; pulls it out of box when it arrives in mail; starts poking the buttons to light up the LEDs; looks askew at the wall when half of it disintegrates; and, finally, has to go convince the apartment manager that it wasn't really his fault.

Oye...if I only had more money than I knew what to do with...I could help the economy by buying random items at a Star Trek auction. But, no, I have to pay the rent and the utilities and so forth. Bummer.
Currently working on -
Star Traks: BorgSpace - Book 3, Part 1 - "Invocation of the Birds - Ruffled Vulture, Dusty Pheonix"

--Time is merely an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space
(Anonymous)
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

I GOT THE TARTAN!!!!

Yep, I have a genuine piece of Scotty's tatan! YAY ME!!! :D
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Nice! Congrats man, that's awesome. I'm actually jealous.
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Mad Lensman wrote:I GOT THE TARTAN!!!!

Yep, I have a genuine piece of Scotty's tatan! YAY ME!!! :D
A likely Scotty character repsonse could be along the line: '...Aye BC, Mad Lensman is a good lad...' :P

I understand Queen of BorgSpace's point(s) on meeting prioritized obligations.
Personally, both disposable income and space for storing items have become a rarity here in multitasking zone.
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?