Real Life .... Now Why Does It Intervene?

Got something non-Star Traks related to say? Put it in here.
Makin' Traks

Re: Real Life .... Now Why Does It Intervene?

Post by borgcrazy »

Wouldn't that be the Green Borg?
'Orribly Original
Location: Officially somewhere dark and unheard of, south UK.

Post by Mad Lensman »

Well......

What a paause that turned out to be! real life kicked my ar$e - and then Facebook addiction totally finished the job (I mean have you even SEEN Bejewelled Blitz? It's horrific!) Couple that with Bioshock 2 and yep you guessed it, I've been "busy" ahem....

back soon with what remains of season 2.... I also have some reading to ctach up on it seems... Please accept my apologies folks, just not enough hours in the day!

Nopw where did I put my wrench? :lol:
Dr. Allison Reed: It's over, it's over. You did great! Do you need anything? Can we get you anything?
Harry Block: Ice cream... I'd like an ice cream please.
Dr. Allison Reed: Okay, what flavor?
Harry Block: It doesn't matter. It's for my ass.

Post by Ruler J »

Real life, it does seem to conspire against you every now and again, doesn't it.

Marking my own return with this post, with a quick update on where I've been hiding. I finished uni in September 09, after which I started working for the Liberal Democrats (political party here in the UK) as election staff in the north of England. If you follow UK politics then you'll know this was a massive year for us, massive general and local elections in May, with some very interesting results. Let me tell you, while election politics is great fun, you quickly realise there's room for pretty much nothing else in your life. Eleven to twelve hour days are standard fare, and once you're in the final couple months your putting in thirteen to fourteen hours a day. And don't mention sleeping in the final week, simply doesn't happen. The Good news is we won the races I was working on (Parliamentary seat in Bradford East, and in local council elections we defended two seats and gained a third, no losses). The bad news is that my contract wasn't renewed recently, which leaves me job hunting and with a bit of time on my hands.
The good thing of having time is that I can actually catch up with Traks! I've been loving the stories I've missed this past year, will be posting comments for them as soon as I get through them! And it gives me time to work on my own writing again, which given I last put stuff online in 2007 is a bit overdue.
Previously writing: Incongruous Voyages Season 2 (since 2007)
Currently writing: Incongruous Voyages Season 2
Futurely writing: to the dictionary, to include the word "futurely"
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the job situation, but hopefully something will come along soon.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Ruler J wrote:...Eleven to twelve hour days are standard fare, and once you're in the final couple months your putting in thirteen to fourteen hours a day. And don't mention sleeping in the final week, simply doesn't happen...
Keep your chin up - such challenges/experiences do open doors elsewhere. Pursue those door openings with passion.

Here in multitasking zone - the only sleep I'm aware of is sleep deprivation.

Take Care !
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Since we're all talking about life-changing events...
...I'm moving by the end of the month. For myriad reasons, I'm quitting my job at Toys R Us and moving in with my girlfriend of two and a half months in Auburn and (hopefully) greener professional pastures. At this point, tho, as long as I have my Sweetie, I'm out of the craphole apt I'm in now and I'm not at TRU (my Sweetie being the most important lol), I'll flip burgers at McDonald's or wash cars at a dealership for money lol.
But honestly, I'm ready for a change, and I'm so in love with my gf - and she with me - this is the right change.
Head Traks Guy

Post by cmdrajd »

Congratulations, BC. I hope everything works out wonderfully for you crazy kids.
"I'm not insane -- my mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, "The Big Bang Theory"
Captain Silverado

Post by b-guy »

Yes, best of luck all around!
Working on:

Modeling - Ambassador-class variant
Website Upgrades
El yerno no favorito

Post by Star Traks »

Wishing you & your significant other all the best, BC !!!

After reading your good news, I recalled a a Klingon character Point of View on heart conflict: note the script around 6:00 in Voyager - 626-701 - Unimatrix Zero Part 6 [a good episode / great script on change / paralleling life challenges]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxfMfebTwsM&NR=1

You may enjoy the Boston song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FDPL6rfwG4 -
for myself - 32 years have gone so quickly
Distant Origin 3.23 Saurian Professor Gegen: It wasn't an invasion. We were on a field expedition to learn more about your species. We meant no harm. I'm a molecular paleontologist.
Chakotay: [referring to injury] Do you always harpoon the local wildlife?
Makin' Traks

Post by borgcrazy »

Star Traks wrote:You may enjoy the Boston song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FDPL6rfwG4 -
for myself - 32 years have gone so quickly
Nice. I have a plethora of songs on my mp3 player that relate as well. dc Talk's "Luv Is A Verb" springs readily to mind, as does Steven Curtis Chapman's "Dive". There's a bunch of Newsboys songs I can think of as well.